Monday, May 14, 2007

Further Down the Results of Boredom and Dad in Double Echo

1. My OJT

It was a simple thought when it bugan...it didn't need to be something with a large allowance it just has to be something to do while not doing JPIA related activities during the summer. I mean, the chances of my parents allowing me to stay in Diliman just to be a VP and be passive the rest of the time was as slim as an earthworm in a diet. So Abbott was perfect! It had less commitment needed than any other OJT program I have heard of and they didn't require an award-winning, cumm laude student to serve them.

My priorities did get messed up though. I didn't attend JPIA activities unless it was on a weekend or on a holiday and if I really have to do it (which so far occured nil times so far). But hey, my co-EOs aren't complaining since everybody else seems to be in the same boat. But I managed a small resolve to be there and file an absence from my work whenever necessary.

And what was my work again? My label is simple enough: Finance OJT a.k.a. Finance Assistant a.k.a. Someone who does things in Finance that the employees do not want to do themselves or also Someone who does all possible unconsequential things in the Finance Dept. The first few days were promising. I had a relatively goodlooking boss (as compared to). I had a few jobs that actually made me feel important, and I had enough rest time. Then as times pass by, I seem to be getting more rest time and less consequential jobs. (Sure, I always wanted to stamp receipts "PAID" so I'm not complaining too much). Times passes further and my co-worker Mark Banawa (JPIA VP for InfoPub) and I started sharing jobs, taking turns with the "PAID" stamp. It really is quite entertaining whenever you hear all of your five (now six) bosses say "Wala pa akong mapagawa sayo". And it is further entertaining to think that you can spend so much time trying to fight sleepiness as you stare on the quasi-random design on the cubicle walls trying to find out where the Machine Printed pattern starts and ends.

Here is a funny thought: Had I not a job, I'd be bored as hell. With the Abbott OJT, I'm still bored as hell, but I get paid doing it (plus I get to spend my boredom in airconditioning). :)

2. My Aunts (My dad again and once more)

My father side aunties are here to visit and have been here for a while now. It was funny how my mom described them as "Ed times 2" and as far as I can tell, they are exactly that. I feel like my dad got cloned and stuff. It's funny though, my dad's aura is so much more docile now that his older sisters are in the house.

I was never a fan of children and old people... hell, I hate spending time with them. If there are anyone I want to be with at a particular time, it would always be my immediate family or my close friends and them only... As far as I'm concerned, most others are just lives I do not want to interact with. And yes...my aunts are no exception.

It's funny, the cousins who used to be here were hardly reactive... and now I have this ultra-proactive aunties who starts asking me to drink ginger extract in hot water to get rid of my colds. My aunts seem to be trying to control me via brainwashing...they seem to repeat what they here and themselves a lot. I mean, when I sneeze, they (both) say "uminom ka ng lu-ya yung ginger (pronounced ginge instead of jinjer) sa tubig na bukal". Then I say "opo, mamaya konte". Then after 3 secs, they say it again. Then I ask my mom to make it (since I have no idea how to use a knife to cut ginger to small enough slices for it). Then they say it again. So I try some. Then they say it again. And before I can react, they say it again. Later, after drinking it all up, they still say it again... And 5 secs later they say it again... I know they're just trying to be concerned and trying to make sure I understood their poor Tagalog mixed with Bisaya (it's strange how people from Zamboanga speak Bisaya and they still call it Bisaya), but really, my mind cannot take much more of this. Please, once is enough... anyway, it's still a good experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home