Sunday, March 11, 2007

Some of the worse decisions in life...

A while ago. I watched a Filipino "feel-good" romantic movie with Anisah, Rich, Aira, and *strangely enough* Pete and RJ Panoy. We watched You Got Me, a Sam Milby film... Maybe it was because I wanted a small respite from my over-criticalness that I decided to watch something is intellectually degrading as a Sam Milby film, or maybe it was because I wanted to be nice to Anisah who has been inviting us to watch the movie for the past week extended... What the hell, it was half-subsidized anyway... Unfortunately, the movie was far from a moment's reprieve from the thinker within me... Filipino movies are just so questionable. Here are some points.

1. At the beginning of the movie, the father of the lead actress had several ominous points that pointed out that he didn't have much more to live, so in less than 20 mins, I figured out that he HAD to die to make the story work. Guess what? He did... and the audience was "shocked" by it...

2. Coconuts are supposed to be the fruit of life, right? So WHY THE F*CK DID IT HAD TO KILL THE FATHER!? I mean, dude! A police officer is lecturing a guy about seizing the day and he dies when he gets hit on the head by a coconut WHILE URINATING???? Of all the messed up ideas, THIS WAS THE SH*T!?

3. Like all movies of the genre (shallow Filipino), there will always be a combination of love, comedy, and action. This one took the popular plot of third party romances and gunfights. For an added twist, the film included some martial arts similar to the DOA movie... It *would* make sense that a police officer would know some kung fu, but I think it was a little to extreme to make a female watcher in a cybersex cafe have the same skills... or maybe it's just me.

4. Like most Filipino movies, there is little regard for enemy lives. Police Officers aren't supposed to shoot to kill, most especially if they're just having a raid (moreover on a cybersex cafe). And I don't think our PNP is capable of the bugging they perform during their operations. As far as I'm concerned, our PNP is just bash - through - front - door - declare - RAID - and - bring - actor - slash - politician types.

5. Of course the usual main male ends up with a relationship with main female occurs, enough clues was given through the process... predictable, very... Oh, and as usual, the best way to get rid of a winning third party is simple elimination. (at least they didn't kill him)

...I won't bother with the cheesy lines or the acts of romance... they aren't even worth my keystrokes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home