Tuesday, January 17, 2006

abort, retry, fail

i guess the biggest difference i have with those who chose to let go was that i've always loved accounting (though it doesn't seem to love me as much, academically speaking)

i thought that failing accounting was a certain thing, but who knew it would give me a failing grade and still let me continue living my life for it. But before that, i thought my life would shatter...the thought of giving up on something that you love was so real...so i made plans. i convinced myself that it wouldn't be too bad to give up on accounting... after all, it has always made me suffer more than necessary... maybe i'll do things that i've always wanted to do but couldn't because of accounting!

and so my contingency plan was accomplished, and so that maybe i could be happier without accounting. i can be active in JPIA without any holdbacks...i'll have enough time to play my PC games... i won't have to take a board exam or anything like that. it CAN be perfect, and losing accounting might be painful at first, but it CAN be so much better, and probably will... I took steps to secure the plan, i applied for FP, I looked up my subjects, and I started taking precautions for the worst (or maybe BEST)

akalain mo, pumasa ako...with a grade of 68.79 (passing was 69, pinagbigyan ako) and a 100% consideration for quizzes and assignments (which was supposedly below 50%). it was something so fragile, that even a single -1 variable could ruin, but it was there... i didn't have to give it up after all...

...but what if I fell in love with my contingency plans? what if I decided that I'd rather have a higher paying CFA job rather than a would-be CPA?

but i really didn't have a choice in the matter...i had to continue accounting, i had to give up part of my contingency plans, but i had to face the responsibilities of the things I engaged in while preparing my contingency plans.

now, i am still an accounting student, who has more work because of his contingency plan, more responsibilities, more things to worry about...but i can't do anything about it...or maybe i don't want to do anything about it.

is it really "MY" life to live? "MY" choices? is accouting what i want? or maybe i truly want to give up accounting and just live my plan B?

at least accounting has potential...that makes all the difference between this and that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home