Monday, April 24, 2006

doubts (hate my philosophy? don't read this) & a joke

this post has been rejected once by a turn of events...is God trying to stop my ideas from spreading? Maybe one believer of my philosophy is too much. Anyway, the 2nd attempt.

As I "studied" for nat sci 1, a few strange thoughts crossed my mind. Admittedly, I have attended quite a few christian fellowship meetings, sometimes to please a friend, sometimes to attempt to save my own soul from being drawn to the darkside. But whenever I go to a fellowship and listen to the testimonials of those who were "saved," to those who chose to dedicate the rest of their lives to God and worship (one way or another), i get this disturbed feeling, like I don't want to listen to what i'm hearing. Is it a feeling of envy or rejection? Are these people making the same mistake that people made that brought the great delay of scientific knowledge? Long ago, people were persecuted by the Church for believing that the earth is round. Science was once believed to be sorcery, and was forbidden to be tried by the Churches. Was the Church afraid of Science? Are they afraid that they will lose their blind followers?

In a way, I see those people who dedicate their lives to God completely, the way those who made their testimonials [claim to] have done are blind. The way I see it, the fellowships are blinded and are blinding other people to follow their lead. Maybe I'm just blinded by the fact that I do not want to do what they want me to...

I'm thinking too much again, live and let live. If those who gave spoke about the happiness of God get to sleep soundly at night, they may truly have found happiness when they were either enlightened or dimmed by the faith they chose. Maybe ignorance truly is bliss...

Joke (from Xavier Cruz, Yakal Resident)
Bakit sikat si Sadako?

Kasi Lumabas siya sa TV!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home